A roadmap to help home cooks round out and enhance any meal.
Every cook struggles over making side dishes, from choosing what goes best with the main course to getting stuck in a rut making the same tired green beans and rice. But this destined-to-be-dog-ear’d compendium of side dishes changes all that. More thorough than any other cookbook, our first complete compilation of side dishes offers over 1,001 perfect recipes for tonight and every night, whether you only have a few minutes or need your next dinner party go-to.
We structure the book to help you choose the perfect side based on the kind of meal you’re planning. Busy weeknight? Flip to Basics You Can Count On for quick, simple, satisfying sides. Want the perfect pairing for a wintery roast? Look to Roast Your Vegetables for foolproof roasting methods and flavorful preparations. For easy reference, icons mark which recipes are Fast (30 minutes or less), Make Ahead (can be made at least 4 hours in advance), and/or Vegan. We’ve also included dozens of recipes for spice blends and sauces that add texture and flavor such as Za’atar, Dukkah, Sriracha Mayo, and Parsley-Lemon Compound Butter.
Need Weeknight Inspiration?
- • Skillet-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chile, Peanuts, and Mint
- • Fastest-Ever Baked Potatoes
- • Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tahini-Ginger Dressing
- • Creamy Orzo with Peas and Parmesan
Need a Holiday-Worthy Side?
- • Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
- • Husk-Grilled Corn
- • Kale Caesar Salad
- • Butternut Squash Polenta
Get an Equipment Assist
- • Slow-Cooker Buttermilk Smashed Red Potatoes
- • Pressure-Cooker Warm Wild Rice Salad with Pecans and Cranberries
- • Slow-Cooker Maple-Orange Glazed Acorn Squash
- • Pressure-Cooker French Lentils with Carrots and Parsley