What is the ultimate burger?
Ask that question and you will ignite an enthusiastic debate about meats, cooking methods, degree of doneness, bun types, condiments, toppings, and accompaniments. The Ultimate Burger gives the best answer to all of these questions: The ultimate burger is what you want it to be. And America's Test Kitchen shows you how to get there.
TAKE A DEEP DIVE INTO BURGERS
There are plenty of classic, tried-and-true ground beef burgers, plus newer takes that have become classics. Sprinkled throughout are venerated regional treasures, and we introduce over-the-top soon-to-be-favorite burgers our burger-obsessed test cooks created.
RIGOROUSLY TESTED RECIPES
We thoroughly tested ever cut of meat imaginable to create the ultimate Grind-Your-Own Deluxe Beef Burger Blend, but we also provide shopping and cooking tips to make simple store-bought meat taste its best. We share test kitchen secrets for burger success from how to properly set up your grill to how to shape a burger patty to prevent “golf ball syndrome.”
START FROM SCRATCH, STAY FOR THE SIDES
Learn to make every part of the burger from scratch, from grinding the burger mixture in the food processor to preparing homemade buns, condiments, and crispy toppings. We don’t stop at the burger, learn to master classic sides like crispy fries, onion rings, and kettle chips, cool, creamy slaws and potato salads, thick and creamy milkshakes, and thirst-quenching sweet teas, and lemonades.
- • Grind-Your-Own Ultimate Beef, Turkey, and Veggie Burger Blends
- • Double-Decker Drive-Thru Burgers
- • Loaded Nacho Burgers
- • Grilled Crispy Onion-Ranch Burgers
- • Reuben Burgers
- • Bison Burgers with Piquillo Peppers and Crispy Serrano Ham
- • Brie-Stuffed Turkey Burgers with Red Pepper Relish
CONDIMENTS & TOPPINGS
- • Ketchup
- • Malt Vinegar–Mustard Burger Sauce
- • Pub Burger Sauce
- • Caramelized Onion Jam
- • Black Pepper Candied Bacon
- • Potato Buns
- • Kaiser Rolls
- • Pretzel Buns
- • Easier French Fries with Chive and Black Pepper Dipping Sauce
- • Beer-Battered Onion Rings
- • Smoky Grilled Potato Salad
- • Ultimate Cookies and Irish Cream Milkshakes
- • Watermelon Lemonade