From Crispy Fries and Juicy Steaks to Perfect Vegetables, What to Cook and How to Get the Best Results.
Air fryers promise hands-off ease, but getting the best results involves slightly more than simply turning on your machine and walking away. In Air Fryer Perfection we show you the best food to cook in an air fryer and share test kitchen secrets that ensure even cooking; coax better browning; create the crispiest, crunchiest coatings; and guarantee juicy steaks. You’ll also learn how to make complete meals in an air fryer’s compact space, how to clean your air fryer, and which models impressed our tastings and testings team.
- • Chicken Parmesan
- • Big Italian Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
- • Spice Rubbed Steaks with Creamy Cucumber and Snap Pea Salad
- • Sweet and Smoky Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash
- • Roasted Cod with Lemon-Garlic Potato Galette
- • Rosemary-Parmesan Black Pepper French Fries
- • Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- • Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- • Air-Fried Brussel Sprouts
- • Zucchini Fries
Secrets to Air-Frying Success
Add a rub
Steaks and chops emerged wonderfully juicy and evenly cooked, but their surfaces sometimes needed a flavor boost. In many cases we added a potent spice rub, which gave the meat better overall color as well as incredible flavor.
Dial back the temperature
We like air fryers for their intense blast of heat, but some foods, such as fish, require lower temperatures and longer times to cook through. This cooks the food more gently and can also give the crust more time to brown.